Good morning every body!
Today is a bit of a different post but something I want to carry on with so watch this space.
The idea of making an ‘idea jar’ has come from the fact that whenever Jack and I want to go out and do something we can never make a decision about where we want to go or what we want to do. So if we can literally just pick something out we don’t have to make any decisions, which is great!!
What I like about this is that you can literally do anything to make it work. You can have it between yourself and any one else or just ideas for yourself to do. You can chose however many categories you want and choose your own budget.
This is also a really budget thing to make which is great too.
I went to The Range and picked up a jar, plain wooden sticks and I needed some cheap paints as I didn’t have any, which all came to under £5.00.
You can obviously pick up already coloured sticks but I felt it looked more home made and was a bit more fun to paint the sticks myself, although it did get quite messy!
- You will first of all need to chose your theme and how many categories that you want. I personally chose 6 categories with 5 ideas in each and they were all based on things Jack and I can do together.
I chose Budget, Not Far, Bit Further, Indoors, More Expensive and Dinner/Lunch and chose a budget for each category so we can’t spend over that.
- Paint your sticks in your chosen colours, depending how many categories you have, and let them dry.
- Once your sticks have dried write down all your ideas based on your category colours. Normal black pen will work or you can use something a bit fancier if you prefer!
- Once you have written all of your ideas down you can just randomly place them in to your jar!
- Once you’ve made your jar all that’s left to do is a label for the outside listing each category, the colour that category is and the budget range for it. Otherwise you won’t know what you are choosing..
And then your jar will be complete! I really liked this idea because it is so cheap, easy and fun to make! I may even make more with different ideas inside!
Hope you enjoyed.